March 16, 2014

Lip Saviors and Glosses Galore


This post is all about lips: how I treat them and how I dress them up. My lips have been so dry and cracked lately so I made it my mission to find some lip products to soothe my lips. I've also acquired the lip gloss bug and have been purchasing them like crazy. These are some of my favorites.


Origins Hydrating Lip Balm 'Nude Nectarine'
After I ran out of my Sugar lip treatment I wanted to find some new lip products to help soothe my chapped winter lips. I received the Origins Drink Up Hydrating Lip Balm as a gift with purchase and I am in love! I love that it comes in a squeeze tube for easy and sanitary on-the-go application and it's formula is tacky which ensures that it lasts on my lips. It's unscented and colorless which makes it a perfect everyday staple and I've also definitely noticed that my lips are now soft and moisturized.


I came across this at the drugstore and got sucked in because of the 'olive oil and lemon' flavor. I was very intrigued to find out what olive oil and lemon tasted like so I went ahead and picked it up. I am happy to report that this combination smells and tastes delicious. There's a hint of eucalyptus in the flavor which gives a pleasant earthy aroma that isn't too powerful or nauseating.

Buxom 'White Russian'
Apart from being a cult favorite, this lip gloss is the prettiest nude gloss I've come across in a while. The one downside to this gloss is the lip plumping ingredients within it. It has a taste of peppermint and a tingle sensation that lasts for a long time even after application. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any lip plumping benefits from it but I will continue to use this gloss because of how beautiful it looks on my lips. This gloss is tacky but nothing that's uncomfortable and it lasts for a long time without needing a touch up.

Urban Decay Naked Gloss 'Lovechild'
Last, by not least, is my current favorite lip product. This is close to being one of my holy grail products. Looking at it, it looks like a typical baby pink gloss, but upon application, this gloss glides on your lips and immediately you can see why you paid $20 for it. It's super nourishing but the best part is that it fills in the fine lines of your lips! I haven't ever found a gloss to give me those results. The subtle pink tint of this gloss makes my lips look so plump and smooth and this is hands down one of the most comfortable glosses to wear because it isn't sticky at all. I highly recommend this product!

Let me know what your favorite lip products are in the comments!

xx Y




No comments:

Post a Comment