March 17, 2014

Winter Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Fluid 'NC15'
After these long winter months, I've lost any semblance of a tan I had and none of my foundations matched me anymore. I took a quick trip to MAC because I knew that they had yellow-based foundations pale enough for my skin tone.
I tried a sample of both the Studio Sculpt and the Studio Fix Fluid to see which my skin preferred. The Studio Sculpt was much more hydrating and had a dewy finish but I noticed that it made my T-zone an oil slick. I also found that the Studio Sculpt didn't last long on my skin even with a primer. I was hesitant to try the Studio Fix Fluid because it was advertised as being more of a matte finish and for a girl with dry patches, that was the last thing I needed. I was pleasantly surprised, however, with the results of this foundation. It kept my oil at bay while gliding over my dry patches. I applied this foundation with a beauty blender for a thin, yet medium-full coverage application. The color, NC15, matched me perfectly and the foundation didn't break up or fade the whole day. This foundation is also reasonably priced. You can also buy a pump from MAC for this foundation but I don't mind just applying it on the back of my hand then applying it to my face. I haven't broken out with this foundation yet so fingers crossed I keep having good results from this product.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE all Mac foundation. It's awesome for combination skin.

    www.corporatechicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete