April 2, 2014

Does It Work Wednesdays: Lippies


I recently wrote a post about the Maybelline Color Elixirs and how I was less than pleased with them. Although I didn't necessarily like Maybelline's version, I liked the idea of a simple, glossy stain that would compliment an everyday eye look. Luckily, the amazing people at L'oreal answered my prayers.

L'oreal Colour Riche 'Rose Symphony' | Maybelline Color Elixir 'Signature Scarlet'
Enter: L'oreal's colour riche lip color line. I initially bought this because I really liked the luxe gold packaging and once I came home and opened it up, I realized how much it resembled the color elixirs. Packaging aside, this is where the similarities stop. First off, there is little to no smell with the L'oreal color. One of my main complaints with the Maybelline elixirs is the almost nauseating smell it would have and would persist throughout the wear time on your lips. My other complaint was how streaky the color elixirs would apply. This is not the case with the L'oreal color. This product is definitely a one-swipe-and-go lip color that glides seamlessly over the lips and has an impressive wear time for a drugstore product. If you want an affordable glossy stain, L'oreal is the clear winner. The colour riche lip color line is a definite hit in my book and will be the perfect accessory for spring and summer makeup looks.

If you have any other products you'd like to see go head to head, leave them in the comments below.

xx Y

1 comment:

  1. I got a couple of Maybelline elixirs and one L'Oreal Color Riche gloss and I found them equally disappointing. I mean they're all right, but terribly overrated.

    ReplyDelete