Over the past couple of months, I've started attending more upscale parties and functions that require a little more glam. The majority of my makeup routine has stayed the same except for one special addition: false eyelashes.
I've never been a big fan of false eyelashes mainly because of their intimidation factor: applying them correctly and choosing a pair that complimented my eyes have always posed a challenge. I've also had terrible luck in the past with eyelash glue not being tacky enough and in turn, smearing all over my perfectly done eye makeup. I shelved the idea of lashes for a while but these past couple of months, I decided to revisit my old friends in the hope that years of makeup wisdom had prepared me to excel in this challenge. I've accumulated a nice arsenal of lashes that I love and use which I think offer a more natural appearance and are all drugstore: a win/win!
 |
| Ardell Demi Wispies '120' |
My first are a cult favorite amongst beauty vloggers. The different lengths and wispy appearance of the lashes offer a more natural glam look that would compliment a variety of eye shapes. The band is also clear and very flexible, which means it's comfortable to wear and less detectable on the eyes.
 |
| Andrea Lashes '16' |
If you are looking for added volume and not necessarily length, these are the lashes for you. The criss-cross design of these lashes work to give the appearance of a thicker lash base. There are also hints of brown lashes in between the black which adds dimension and subtly makes your eye color pop. I also love that the tips of these lashes are tapered and not square like the demi wispies because they blend in better to your natural lashes.
 |
| Kiss Lashes 'Shy' |
If you told me I would ever find a pair of drugstore lashes that felt as if they were mink, I wouldn't have believed you. This was until I found Kiss brand lashes. Just from running your fingers over them, you automatically feel how soft and hair-like these lashes are. They are so lightweight on the eye and flexible that wearing them is a breeze. My eyes don't feel like they're being weighed down by lashes and they are the most flattering pair of lashes I own. These lashes give me length and volume all while maintaining a natural appearance.
These lashes are for my daring girls. If you want noticeable volume and length, I highly recommend theses lashes. They are amazingly soft and wispy just like the previous pair but they have a thick black lash band and an almost uniform lash length which makes these lashes perfect for those of you who want stand out lashes to compliment a dramatic eye look. For those of you with large eyes or long lashes, you might get away with these looking more natural on you but for me, these lashes are for those nights that I really feel like going full on glam.
Let me know in the comments what brands of lashes you enjoy.
xx Y
No comments:
Post a Comment