April 7, 2014

Rainy Day Surprise


This was an Instagram favorite among many makeup artists and I loved the variety of looks that could be created with such a small palette. Anastasia Beverly Hills recently re-released just this palette on their website (it was limited edition). I discovered this information at 2 in the morning one night and let me just say, you never realize how much you want something until you have to get out of bed to grab your credit card in order to purchase it.



From my initial swatches, the colors 'Antique', 'Rum Cake', 'Moss', 'Truffle', 'Pink Sapphire', 'Black Diamond' are really buttery and apply super pigmented even without primer. The lighter colors 'Cream' 'Ballet' 'Orange Soda' and 'Sienna' were a little disappointing, however. They didn't really have good color payoff and were a little chalky.


I'll have to try these colors out on my eyelids before I make a full opinion on this palette. Stay tuned!

xx Y

7 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything of Anastasia besides their brow products, but I hope to try more! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow they are definitely brilliant colors!! do you have any good recommendation for combo/oily skin for foundations?

    www.laurinawong.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good surprise...

    thank you for your comment on my post....

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette looks great - I hate it when the lighter colours are chalky - it's quite annoying but I hope the colours work well on your eyes - can't wait to hear about it!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this, but look very nice.
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the Antique color!! Amazing shadows... would love to get a set of this xx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic display of your products! & Lovely review! Hope all is well. :D

    ♥ | http://www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/

    ReplyDelete