January 21, 2014

Budget Buy

I've been hunting this GAP jacket down since I first saw it on Gal Meets Glam. I know it might not suit some people's styles, but this jacket was exactly what my boring monotone wardrobe needed. After scouring the web for deals and discounts (this jacket was originally $128), I unfortunately put off purchasing it because it still wasn't in my budget. Last week, I was in the mall returning some items when I spotted GAP. Something inside told me to just walk in and ask if they had any of these jackets left in stock. The sales associate told me to look in the sales section because he saw two there earlier. As I approached my target, I saw a little flicker of hot pink in the back corner. I ran up to it like a crazed gazelle and saw that not only was it in my size but it was on additional sale because of small defect. I did not know the final price until the cashier rang me up. "$35.99" he announced. I immediately paid for it for fear that he might realize the error in ways for pricing this gorgeous jacket so low. As soon as I got home, I hung my jacket up on a rolling garment rack I use to keep some stand out pieces in my closet that deserve to be shown off. Sometimes, I find myself just staring at it because I'm so amazed by how having a little luck and a lot of patience, I managed to score a treasure.




2 comments:

  1. That jacket is stunning. I don’t think I could pull of the shade but it looks divine on you.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete