1. Bath and Body Works Fragrance & Plug-In: When Bath and Body Works had they're holiday sales, I picked up both the fragrance refill and plug-in for $5 (They're on sale now on their website!). I wanted to show what they both looked like for this post but I will be saving the plug-in and buying the fragrance refills from now on. I prefer these over candles because I can leave them on all day and not worry about leavings out an open flame and the scent is more subtle than their candles which is great for filling a room without the headache that comes from a strong scent. My favorite scents are Leaves, Flannel, and Marshmallow Fireside.
2. Tresemmé Tres Two Hairspray: During the holidays, I rocked a lot of updos so this hairspray came in handy. It tamed my flyaways and kept my looks frizz-free. I don't recommend this if you want to wear your hair down and still want brushable curls that stay in place. This will make your hair crunchy and you'll feel the product in your hair. I'm still looking for a good hairspray that I can spray when my hair is down.
3. Clinique Clarifying Lotion: This is my second bottle of this. I love using it in the summer when my skin is more dewy because it dries up the excess oils and completely eliminates the occurrence of cystic acne. For the wintertime, I am using a more gentle toner which I am loving and will be raving about in my next monthly favorites.
4. Huggies Cucumber & Green Tea Wipes: A while back, I wrote a post about skincare and how I couldn't use makeup wipes to remove my face makeup because it caused me to break out. Well, I finally found a cheap and cheerful, albeit unconventional, product that removes my makeup and keeps my skin breakout free. A pack of these cost $2.50 at the drugstore and this pack comes with 56 wipes. The wipes are premoistened and are thicker than regular makeup wipes which is gentle on my skin while taking off all my foundation, bronzer, blush, etc. I highly recommend this product.
5. Maybelline Clean Express: Although the huggies wipes do a great job at removing my eye makeup, nothing removes my eye makeup like this makeup remover. They are becoming increasingly hard to find in the drugstore and it would be really unfortunate if they got discontinued. This is my holy grail two phase eye makeup remover.
6. Zoya Remove Plus Nail Polish Remover: I've always had weak, brittle nails that peeled so I decided to see if my acetone nail polish remover was to blame. After using this product, I realize how damaging using acetone had been to my nails and cuticles. My cuticles were no longer dry and I didn't have hangnails and my nails have become harder over the past year. I am really impressed with this product and the push nozzle is great to ensure I don't waste a lot of product.
7. Old Spice Bearglove Deodarant: Okay, TMI guys but female deodorants just don't cut it for me. I picked this solid up and it smelled floral so I thought it was worth a try. Sadly, two weeks into using it, the product wouldn't twist up, I tried everything to push the product up but it just became a big mess and I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Has this happend to anyone else or did I just get a dud? Let me know your thoughts.
8. Too Faced Primed and Poreless: This translucent pressed powder really made my skin look flawless and hid my pores beautifully upon first application. The problem was that it did little to nothing for oil control. I appreciated that it didn't alter the color of my foundation but I didn't like reapplying this product throughout the day to touch up my oily t-zone.
9. Urban Decay Deslick XL: I bought this a while ago at Nordstrom Rack for an amazing price. This is the old setting spray packaging and it had a lot more product than what they sold at sephora. I figured it was as good a time as any to try this product. I have to say, I really didn't see a change when using this product. I tried spraying it before my makeup, after my makeup, on my beauty blender to apply my foundation, and nothing. It didn't stop my oil production and it didn't make my makeup last any longer on my face. I hear rave reviews about this product all the time it just didn't work for me.
If you read though this long winded post, I appreciate it. I want to wish everyone a happy new year and a successful fresh new start to those of you embarking on a new adventure. Follow your daydreams.
Xx Yuliya

No comments:
Post a Comment