December 2, 2014

Holiday Sets


First off, I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! If you're anything like me, you always feel a touch of stress every time thanksgiving rolls around, because for me, this means the start of holiday shopping. I know how stressful it can be so I've found two great holiday sets that would be great for those loved ones who are just as obsessed with makeup as you are.



MAC's holiday collection this year did not disappoint, they came out with an array of gorgeous sets: from eyeshadows, to lip glosses, to pigments, and brushes, everything was very enticing. I loved the packaging this year as well. Last year's pigments were in a cardboard container, but this year, the container was a sturdy plastic with a glitter top adorned with a cameo. I can definitely see myself repurposing this box. 

MAC 'Pink + Rose Pigments + Glitter'
Of the three sets of pigments, I thought that this set filled with pink hues was the most appealing. The set comes with four pigments and one glitter. I wore three of these pigments on my eyes during thanksgiving and I received a ton of compliments. I highly recommend you pick up any of the MAC holiday sets for you or for your loved ones.



Next up is a more luxurious holiday set. This Dior quad caught my eye right away in Sephora. I thought these colors would be perfect in time for all the holidays parties and gatherings I would be attending. 


Although this is more of a splurge item, I find that Dior makes incredible shadows and the formula of these is not exception. I also enjoy the new, slimmer packaging of these Dior quints and appreciate the little dust bag it comes in. 

Dior 5 Couleur Eyeshadow Palette '566 Versailles
I feel like the makeup industry should just all come together and ban these little makeup applicators. They take up a lot of packaging space and I rarely ever use them. I will say though, that the mirror is really nice on this and it's a compact I wouldn't feel embarrassed taking out for a touch up.


All these shadows have a sheen to them, some eyeshadows are also accented by glitter. This is a beautiful neutral palette but the metallic nature of these shadows will make your eyes sparkle. This would be a great gift for anyone in your family.

xx Yuliya

2 comments:

  1. Wow the MAC container is beautiful for a few seconds it reminded me of Versace. I love all the colors! Of course, you can't go wrong with the Dior palette I love the darkest color, perfect for a smoky eye. Enjoy!

    By the way, we are hosting a blog link party this month. Come join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! I love the idea, and I will definitely join.

    ReplyDelete