Because this brand was in the prestige section of Rite Aid, the products had testers on display (I wish all drugstore brands did this). When I swatched the products I was also pleased to discover that everything was buttery and applied so smooth to the skin. The color payoff of everything I tried was incredible and I had to stop myself from buying more products.
With that being said, these were the only products I ended up purchasing. The only downside to this brand is that they are EXPENSIVE. I purchased two star eyeshadows ($19 USD) and two star blushes ($18 USD). The price point of this brand is about $15 USD and higher which is pretty expensive for the drugstore but compared to MAC eyeshadows which have 1.5 grams of product and retail for $15, Girlactik eyeshadows are 2.5 grams of product for a little bit more money. The blushes on the other hand have 3.4 grams of product whereas MAC is 6 grams. Also, the eyeshadows and blushes are in the same packaging which I'm not too keen on because I can't tell the products apart. I will say, however, that these products are incredible and worth every penny.
| (L to R): Star Shadows "Suede" and "Bare", Star Blush "Naples" and "Milan" |
If you're feeling spend-y and want to try out a new makeup line I would highly suggest Girlactik. You can purchase their products online or you can check their interactive map to see if any stores in your area carry this brand. Let me know if you've tried this brand and if you like any of their other products.
xx Yuliya
No comments:
Post a Comment